|Dateline||:||Oct 27, 2011|
|Source||:||China Central Television (CCTV)|
|Restrictions||:||Not access Chinese mainland|
|Summary||:||China's first PFlops supercomputer with independent intercultural property inaugurated in E. China's Jinan city|
Ji'nan, Shangdong Province, China - Oct 27, 2011
1. Wide of China International Information Communication Technology (ICT) Innovation Cluster (CIIIC) in Jinan
2. Mid of entrance of National Supercomputer Center in Jinan
3. Mid of inaugural ceremony of National Supercomputer Center in Jinan
4. Close of inaugural ceremony of National Supercomputer Center in Jinan
5. Mid of guests of honor attending ceremony
6. Close of domestic multi-core CPU: Zhong Wei 1600
7. Various of equipments in supercomputer center
8. Various of staff in control room of supercomputer center
China’s first-ever PFlops supercomputer, made entirely of domestically manufactured CPU and system software was inaugurated on Thursday in National Supercomputer Center in Ji’nan city, provincial capital of Shangdong province in east China.
It has signified that China, after the United States and Japan, has become the third country in the world that possess PFlops supercomputer with independent intellectual property.
The supercomputer will be put into extensive use in such areas as marine science, new drug development, weather forecast, financial analysis and industrial simulation.
National Supercomputer Center in Jinan was also founded in an inaugural ceremony held on Thursday in the city of Jinan. It is one of three PFlops supercomputer centers in China that were built with the approval of the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST). The other two centers are located in Tianjin municipality in north China and Shenzhen city in south China's Guangdong province. Shandong Provincial Academy of Sciences had been in charge of its construction, management and day-to-day operation.