Story : Malaysia-Kim Jong Nam Death/Suspects
File ID : 396503
Video ID : 10347027
Date : Feb 17/16, 2017
Published : February 17, 2017
Duration : 0'34
Location(s) : Sepang, Malaysia
Type : Nats
Source : China Central Television (CCTV)
Restrictions : No access Chinese mainland
Pageview : 77
Summary : Malaysian man arrested to assist investigation in Kim Jong Nam's death
Feeds :
Languages :


Sepang, Malaysia - Feb 17, 2017
1. Various of police officer entering police car in front of Sepang police station, car running

Sepang, Malaysia - Feb 16, 2017
2. Suspects (women dressed in red, yellow) coming out of police station, getting on car, escorted by policemen


Malaysian police said Thursday they had arrested a Malaysian man to assist their investigation in the death of Kim Jong Nam, half-brother of Kim Jong Un, the top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK).

Muhammad Farid Bin Jalaluddin, 26, was arrested on Wednesday evening, Malaysian police chief Khalid Abu Bakar said in a statement.

Jalaluddin has been identified as the boyfriend of the second female suspect, an Indonesian passport bearer who was arrested Thursday morning.

Bakar said the suspect is currently remanded in custody to assist investigation.

Abdul Samah Mat, police chief of Selangor state, told the media earlier that the suspect was arrested in Ampang City of Selangor State.

He said that information learned from the boyfriend led to the arrest of "Siti Aishah," the second suspect, who along with the first was seen in CCTV footage after Kim's death.

The local police chief clarified that they only arrested the man to let him assist the investigation, who was interrogated Friday.

According to Mat, police have been investigating Kim's death as a murder case instead of sudden death but they have not established connection between the two female suspects.

The first female suspect, holding a Vietnamese passport, was arrested Wednesday at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport's second terminal, where the deceased Kim looked for help after feeling unwell on Monday.

Kim died later enroute to hospital. His body was taken to a hospital in Kuala Lumpur Wednesday for post mortem to ascertain the cause of his death.

The results of the post mortem are yet to be released.

Email: * Phone: * Company: *
First name: * Last name: *    
(You may enter up to 500 characters.)
CCTV ©Copyright 2010-2015 China Central Television. All Rights Reserved.


 Tel: +86 10 63960094

Fax: +86 10 63978447